9.24.2008

Pain!

I ache all over today...My butt hurts...my legs ache...my head hurts...Unfortunately I have no pictures of the event, but we rode 12 miles on our bikes yesterday!! While Joie was in school, Ru, Ember and I wanted to get out of the house. The weather has been so nice with a breeze blowing and the trees rustling...So we loaded up the bikes and connected the "hitchhiker" to Ru's bike for Ember and we went down the bike trail to Fort White. It was a great ride! I'm real out of shape, so the up-hills were killin' me! But I was not so miserable that I wanted to stop...it was really such an enjoyable day! We stopped in Fort White at GTO, a little soup and sub resturant and had a good lunch then off we went riding back to the truck. I only had a short ways to go when Ru got back to the truck; I had told him to go ahead and I'd just keep truckin' at a slower pace on the way back. I could see him as he got in the truck and drove down the road to pick me up. I would have made it! I did real good :) I'm proud of me...heehee! Ember loved it too. She enjoyed the hitchhiker bike a lot. It's a one wheel contraption with handle bars and pedals that attaches to a bigger bike. She and Papa Ru rode together. If we could do that a couple times a week, I'd be a thinner healthier me! But boy, I don't want to do much of anything today...LOL!

Next time I'll get some pictures...

2 comments:

dixie said...

Reminds me of the time I thought I would get in shape with a bike. I bought a beach bike with the big seat and tires and no gears... then I got on the beach and rode.... all the way to the end of the beach. I was thinking man I should have done this sooner...this is a "BREEZE" ( don't forget that word). I was sure as I was turning around that this was the long lost exercise for me. I was going to model size in just few months of riding... as I began to return on the bike I thought...hmmm what happened here.. I am having a little trouble with this ride...it started to dawn on me.... the wind is against me....which means it was with me riding down the beach. The next hour was mixed with tears and exhaustion. There was no way to access the street for several long blocks...finally I saw a staircase leading to a street access and heaved the bike up onto the stairs one at a time... got to the street and walked the 12 blocks home. Needless to say, I have not gotten skinny riding a bike and have learned my lesson in "having the wind at my back".
There is no short cut to skinny !

Mrs. Reser's Class said...

yes! or the time I unintentionally began and ended my short and exhausting rollerblading excersize routine. I had tried rollerblading and thought yeah its fun but still not something I would do everyday. Until my car broke down about 2 miles out from the beach on Folly Road. I certainly was not looking forward to the long walk back to the house in the heat. Suddenly I remembered my still very new and unused rollerblades were in the trunk! That will be faster I thought stupidly to myself! Well, it was faster until about 1/2 a mile in where the paved road that I had been akwardly cruising on ended. Now there is dirt and sand to rollerblade on and I am basically walking. Take off the rollerblades you say...my thought exactly ....and wear what! I had no shoes, it was 100 degrees outside and I was crying on the side of the road walking in heavy clunky stupid rollerblades. Not to mention being harassed by no doubt drop dead gorgeous surfers who kept honking at me as they flew by in their Volvos. I think we have all learned a valuable lesson....if and I repeat if, you are going to begin some rediculous excersize routine, NEVER do it at the beach! :)