9.15.2008

JUST A HINT

Happy Monday! Some of you have read this already. I just want to say, the coffee hasn't gotten any coffee-er, less actually...and the getting ready for school has gotten slower....And, although I appreciate her efforts, I had to nix her coffee making idea on the weekdays! But I still love the feeling this poem gives me, so I thought I'd put it here :)


The aroma of coffee

Wafting slowly through the air;

The essence of awakened morning

Pushing me from beneath the sheets of sleep…


Coffee grounds ever bold

Flowing warmly o’er my tongue

Water and Cream to flavor

With just a hint of coffee in my cup…



But each sip draws a smile…

The sweetest cup to savor;

With her proud little hands

She roused the sun

Just for me…


dgvarner

090408

(for Joie)

1 comment:

dixie said...

Cindy loved everything I did in the house and said she wish I had painted...soooo next year.. watch out.
love the poem. had my coffee this morning and thought of you.