9.15.2008

End Of Summer Bash










Well, we've had a busy weekend! Seems as good a time as any to start playing "blogger"...

Joie's school participated in the Church Service Saturday morning. So we enjoyed seeing the kids up front and hearing them sing. They had the children's story for us too. For some reason Kevin and I were all tuckered out that day, so we just did the lazy thing for the rest of the day! Sunday we got up, put on our shorts, threw together a taco salad and went to school! Well, not for school, but for the End of Summer Bash--a sort of family fun day event we have every year. The kids have a blast getting dirty from head to toe! They bring their pets and we have a sort of pet show-n-tell. They slip and slide on a wet, soapy tarp, they sometimes throw raw eggs at each other, they splash each other with whipped cream and chocalate pudding, there's a pie eating contest, hula hoop contest...sometimes a face painting, or watermelon carving...It's a great time...and messy!

After all that, I couldn't wait to get a shower...!! Then Ru took us to the Olive Pit (Garden..sorry...). One of my favorite places to eat :) A fun weekend...

So, now I should be sleeping...but I'm not.
I'll pay for this tomorrow....

2 comments:

dixie said...

Yaaaahh Gale!!!! Love your blog. The pictures are great. You love to write so this is really a Galething. Now I can keep up with all your doings !!! Give the girls a kiss for me. The photo of Kevin in his uniform makes me so emotional.... patriotic and proud of him. NOW if you can get Daniel and Anabelle blogging, we can all keep in touch. Aunt Dixie

Miss May said...

Great blog! its fun, isn't it?!!