10.14.2008

IKEA

Wow....what a place! Ru, Ember, and I went to IKEA Yesterday with DAnabel and Mom. It was amazing...Any home furnishings or appliance you could think of or want, they probably had some terrific version of it...maybe 2 or 3 versions of it..lol Wish I'd gone with more money in the bank...would've come home with some serious furnishings and small appliances!! They had kids' dream rooms set up for display, my dream bed(s) and awesome, comfortable looking bed coverings...There were kitchens and counter tops, and couches and chairs...and lots of red stuff which is right up my alley! I could have spent 2 or 3 days there! They even had a free daycare, which we used briefly--just long enough for Ember to get some of her energy out while Papa Ru sat down and rested....lol And...they had terrific food in the eat-in area upstairs; no need to leave if you get hungry while you spend the day! We did come home with a few little things... I've always loved square dishes. So we found some rectangle plates that matched in color to the round dishes we already have and got 8 or them :) yae me! and we got a new cheese grater, and a couple of art supply sets for the kids. Oh, and some ginger cookies...yummm ;0) We had a great time!

1 comment:

Amy Grace said...

I love the IKEA stuff... they are really popular for outfitting the dorms at Clemson now. Inexpensive too... in the big picture of things.